Old June 8th 05, 06:19 AM

On 2005-06-06 said:
I am interested in the latest views on this topic.
What do you think - has shortwave got a future?
Views/links to articles would be very much appreciated.

I"m not sure if this article will make it to rec.radio.broadcasting
as I'm not sure how to email articles for moderator approval these
days. HOwever here are my thoughts, so I hope you read the other
groups you crossposted to.

sHortwave will still have a decent future ahead, especially for
broadcasting in most of the developing world. YOu see streaming audio
and net connections are not as ubiquitous as some of us might think.
I still listen to the BBC now and then and other broadcasters over a
radio, not through a net connection. for many in the developing world
technologies such as the freeplay crank it up radios will offer
shortwave where a net connection is not available to them.

See back issues of POpular COmmunications and read the appropriate
columns for similar views. I don't have links, I read the magazine.

73

Richard Webb

Electric Spider Productions
--- Benjamin Franklin, NOvember 1755 from the
Historical review of Pennsylvania