Old June 8th 05, 06:19 AM
jon

Greetings Mike! No articles just my 2 cents worth. Most people when
asked this question think only in terms of the USA. At 300 million
population we are a drop in the bucket. Shortwave will continue, but
the market and target audience will change IMHO. We are seeing the
table top radios of yesteryear gone as the largest world markets cannot
afford them. Hense, the rise in the cheap portables that are flooding
the world market. The far east and Africa will, and are becoming the
target audience as they are growing faster, and are more politically
unstable. Every nation or interested party wants to get their voices
heard in those regions. Let me not forget central and South America as
well. Long live shortwave I think. The real question is what will it
look like even ten years down the road. Have a great week! Jon.