Old December 28th 03, 02:07 AM
Frank Dresser

"Bob Liesenfeld" wrote in message
Hi gang,
I'm aligning an S-38E. I have the manual from Bama which is very
helpful, but there is no mention of whether the LO is high side or low
side injection. The oscillator (and RF for that matter) coils have no
slugs, there is only a trimmer cap to set at the high end of each

band.
Since the oscillator trimmer will reach either high or low side, I
wonder which one is correct. Perhaps with no way to set the

inductance
at the low end, it really doesn't make much difference?

Seems like this is not too bad a little rx considering it is
essentially an All American Five with a bandswitch.

Thanks
Bob WB0POQ

Be sure the bandspread capacitor is fully open during alignment.

Frank Dresser