Old June 8th 05, 01:26 PM
XTS

"Michael" wrote in message
This might be good to have as a "knock around" radio.

http://www.heartlandamerica.com/item...asp?SKU=75493#

Comments ???

Michael

I have that same radio in the Radio Shack brand name. It's not bad. I
bought mine about 2 years ago for 50 bucks. What it does, it does well, and
the sound is very good. It's not a super sensitive SW radio, but it does
receive SW stations, and it does not drift. Am/FM are adequate, and clear.
You can receive CB and some TV chamnels, stuff like that. It's fun to tune
around on. The dial is not very acurate, but not many cheap analogs are.
As you say, a knock around radio, that is what it is.

I use it, when I find a station I want to listen to for awhile, I flip it
on, while I DX with other receivers. It stays on the stations, and gives
you a loud clear signal. For 50 Bucks, it was worth it.

I noticed some guys mentioned the Grundig S 350. I bought mine at Radio
Shack last year for a 100 bucks, and it was worth every penny. I like it,
but I have also seen other people in this group say it's junk, they hate it,
etc.