Old June 8th 05, 02:01 PM
Mike S.

In article .com,
Hatfield wrote:
Grundig Traveler VII

The Trav7 is the very tiniest in size, probably the only true pocket
model ever made.

Best receiver (most sensitive) I've ever heard with the antenna whip
collapsed fully down. But with the whip fully extended sensitivity
doesn't improve much, and there is no antenna jack.

Antenna up: sensitivity is F (compared to other portables)

Antenna down: A (it beats the **** out of my Sony 7600 whips down;
whips up the Trav7 is a joke compared to the Sony).

But for a rig with everything in the pocket and phones, IPOD style, the
Traveler 7 beats all, amazing.

It is dual conversion.

It didn't sell because there is no band switch, so you have to use up
all the 10 SW memories to jump from band to band, so in effect there
are no memories left to dedicate for fave stations. So really, you have
to manual tune up and down the band, or use direct entry of freqs.
which are hard to remember.

Yes. This is the Tecsun PL-707A, which still shows up on eBay at very low
prices. It's been on a few international trips with me and always pulls
them in.