Old June 8th 05, 06:13 PM
Buck

Thank you,

Is this the same program he http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp/notuner.htm ?

I have been looking at this awhile and wonder if the SWR on 17 and 10
meters can be better tuned by adding an additional 1/2 foot section.

It probably doesn't matter at that SWR.

another question related to the antenna:

Do you think this would work? Instead of switching the lead in and
out, could the leads be tapped at each band according to the matched
setting? So that instead of a series of knife switches, a double-pole
multi-throw switch could be used to select a band or frequency for
use?

Thanks again, gears are turning in my head again...

73 for now
Buck

On Wed, 8 Jun 2005 11:40:10 -0400, "Fred W4JLE"
wrote:

I can send you a copy of a program I wrote. It is based on Cecil's work. You
can put in the length of the dipole you want to use, the frequency, and type
of feed line. It gives you the choice of giving you the length of feedline
for that single case, or a start and stop frequency in which case it prints
out a chart of frequency vs. total length.Add jumpers to make up the
difference above 80 feet and your good to go!

For portable operation a 130 foot dipole fed with 80 feet of 300 Ohm to a
small piece of Plexiglas and two sets of banana jacks would allow you to
put jumpers of various lengths into the jacks. The second set goes to the
rig via a convenient length of 50 ohm coax with a choke balun of ferrites.
Lengths of 1,2,4, and 8 foot would allow you to make up jumpers to enable 75
meters from 3.8 to 4 and all the other bands with the exception of 60
meters.

It can be made smaller if your only interested in 40 and up etc. Easy to
carry, no tuner and worst swr around 1.7:1

For example a 2 foot jumper would put you at 4.0, and a series of an 8,2,
and 1 jumper for 3.8

--
73 for now
Buck