Old June 8th 05, 08:57 PM
Kenneth Grimm

On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 08:47:14 GMT, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Kenneth Grimm wrote:

BAMA is a voluntary, cooperative effort. If someone submits a bunch
of gif, jpg, png or other format, individual page images, I am happy
to put it into pdf format. However, if someone submits a manual in
djvu format, that is the way it goes onto the server.

snip
Ken K4XL

How about the Paper Port (*.max) format? The files are quite small
in 2 bit B&W, and there is a free stand alone viewer. You can see a few
scans and the get the viewer at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~michaelaterrell/

Interesting product, but, like it or not, pf is the industry
standard. You can tell that by what Scan Soft say in their ad for
Paper Port Pro 10 at http://www.scansoft.com/paperport/
I can't really justify the expense of Adobe Acrobat and Paper Port 10
both since all the operating expenses for BAMA come out of my pocket.
Saving space used to be a major constraint on BAMA, but storage space
is now very cheap. Of course, I still try to reduce the size of pf
files as much as possible realizing that there are many folks who are
stuck with dial-up connections to the Internet.

Ken K4XL

*** BoatAnchor Manual Archive ***
On the web at
http://bama.sbc.edu and http://bama.edebris.com
FTP site info: bama.sbc.edu login: anonymous p/w: youremailadr