Old June 9th 05, 02:41 AM
Cecil Moore

Buck wrote:
Pardon me while I learn from this discussion.

The 450 ohm antenna is designed to be tuned by using exactly 1/2
electrical wave lengths to match both the transmitter and antenna.
This should mean that any differing feedline should work equally as
well (except for the losses) if I am correct....

What you are missing is that first piece of matching section
which can be any length less than 1/2WL. After that first
piece of matching section, you could indeed switch to a
different characteristic impedance. Congratulations, you
have just invented the G5RV. :-)
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp