Old June 9th 05, 03:12 AM
Dee Flint

"John Smith" wrote in message
Morse is a ghost language spoken by old men when they do their rants and
name their illnesses--much to the dismay of the vital and youthful hams...

The new 5 WPM test for all classes will guarantee you will NOT be speaking
morse to any young men--they will pass the 5 WPM to get the extra
license... then you will never see them again--except on phone and
modem...

John

Not so. I've worked several licensees in the CW November Sweeps who gave
their year of license as 2000 and AFTER. I currently know several people
who have passed their 5wpm so they never have to take the test again but
continue to work diligently to get up to both conversational and contest
speeds.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE