Old June 9th 05, 05:27 AM
Fred W4JLE

No buck, the line is always longer than 1/2 wave. It is a matching section
from what is at the antenna to 50 ohms, and then 1/2 wave from that point.

"Buck" wrote in message
Pardon me while I learn from this discussion.

The 450 ohm antenna is designed to be tuned by using exactly 1/2
electrical wave lengths to match both the transmitter and antenna.
This should mean that any differing feedline should work equally as
well (except for the losses) if I am correct....

On Tue, 7 Jun 2005 18:02:43 -0400, "Fred W4JLE"
wrote:

I feed it with an electrical 1/2 wave length of exactly 450 Ohm feedline.
The 50 Ohms from my antenna is repeated at the other end of the feedline.

An
SWR bridge calibrated for 50 Ohms and my rig see 1:1.

--
73 for now
Buck