Old June 9th 05, 06:32 AM
K4YZ

From: Fritz Wuehler on Jun 8, 2:44 pm

"K4YZ" wrote:

wrote:
from: K4YZ on Jun 6, 3:00 am

"Completely?" Tsk, tsk. No again. MARS was originally begun
as a very small-scale (and low budget) ARMY project back in
1925...more for publicity for the Army than any real radio
improvement (Motorola did more of that in 1940 than any bunch
of amateur volunteers).

I am wondering how THAT happened, Lennie.

There was NO company named "Motorola" until 1947.

Until then, "Motorola" was just the model name for car radios...No
company...

So...how did "Motorola" do anything for Army communications in
1940...?!?!

More lies, Nursie? Where's your documentation?

Fritz, this self-styled "radio history expert" doesn't have much
in the way of documentation for anything.

Sure I do.

Galvin Manufacturing Co. changed its corporate title to
MOTOROLA in 1947.

And there's the acknowledgement of it.

Some wordplay on corporate identities is to be expected since
Stebie da Wundermarine can't really top those of us who have
been IN radio and electronics longer than he has been alive.

The "wordplay" was yours, Lennie.

And regardless of when I was born, I can read.

YOU said "Motorola" was doing all these great things for the Army
in "1940".

"Motorola" was the name of a radio...not the name of a
company...in 1940.

Details, Lennie....Facts....

His attempts at wordplay using (to him) foreign phrases do
not work well, especially when he misspells the French "nes pas"
as "nes pax" (exchaning a French word with Spanish word for
"peace"). He does not recognize peace. A pun that is not,
as Yoda might say.

Guess that had something to do with the "S" and "X" key being one
over the other, Lennie...Oooops.

Of course we all KNOW that YOU don't make typos!
(yeahrightgigglegiggle)

He should eat his gefilte fish and latkes in hopes that his
digestion might improve by not shouting PUTZ! at his "enemies"
so much. Kosher he is not. Oy, gevalt.

You aren't my enemy, Lennie. You don't have what it takes.

Steve, K4YZ