Old June 9th 05, 02:39 PM
dxAce

"Eric F. Richards" wrote:

"Bill Amann Jr" wrote:

A question to the group and please don't get mad at me ! Question is what do
you think is the best commercial built antenna? I am using a Alpha Delta
DX-Ultra now and I think it is a good antenna but always looking for better!

If you have the space for it, I would recommend a terminated, tilted,
folded dipole (TTFD or T2FD). Barker & Williamson (B&W) makes some
for hams for transmit purposes -- I picked up a new-in-box SWL version
they discontinued a few years ago. I'm very pleased with mine.

Read about them he

http://www.hard-core-dx.com/nordicdx...wire/t2fd.html

B&W antennas are available through Ham Radio Outlet

http://www.hamradio.com

I built several and was never really impressed with their performance.

I went back to the transformer matched wires or band specific dipoles or inverted
vee's.

dxAce
Michigan
USA