Old June 9th 05, 06:50 PM
Richard Clark

On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 10:33:16 -0700, "butlercellars"
wrote:

FM portable w/ built-in whip antenna, dipole, or feedline/yagi reception is
still marginal. My boat FM radio w/short rubber ducky performs as well as
the car, but I don't want to sit in them to listen to the radio.

Hi Bob,

This would suggest there is enough signal, or those working receivers
are exceptional. Go to Radio Shack and invest in a signal booster.
Get an over the air amplifier rather than a line amplifier. If
there's a separate line for the FM, from the antenna, get a mast
mounted, line powered amplifier.

It is odd that all the FM stations would be solely vertical
polarization. This would explain the horizontal antenna deafness.
There is also the old real-estate saw of "location, location,
location" and as you offer, yours sucks (maybe). Sitting there in the
Napa valley, are you trying to hit Frisco?

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC