Old June 10th 05, 02:11 AM
Tebojockey

On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 16:50:19 -0700, matt weber
wrote:

On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 13:23:44 -0400, "CycleOpps"
wrote:

Are there any solutions to eleminating or at least reducing the interference
caused by low voltage halogen lighting? Like many desk lamps and accent
lighting. My only solution so far is to make sure all lighting in the house
is off if I want to listen to the radio.

Thanks, please reply to as well as the group.
Vic

Halogen lighting cannot be a source of interference. If you have a
problem then it is time to look at all the connections and make sure
they are tight. Absent some sort of electronic dimmer/electronic
control for these, there is no source of RF energy. The halogens may
also be radiating something that is coming in from another source on
the AC power...

Matt,

I'm pretty sure he was meaning flourescent, but you never know. I
have monstrous metal halide lamps that light the hallway here and you
could probably get a tan from getting too close to them. The put out
PHENOMENAL QRM, but thankfully, we're a tx'er versus a monitor site.

I agree with your assertions regarding the dimmer controls. SCRs are
notorious for causing this as wel...

Al in CNMI