Old June 10th 05, 07:40 AM
yea right

On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 13:23:44 -0400, CycleOpps wrote:

Are there any solutions to eleminating or at least reducing the
interference caused by low voltage halogen lighting? Like many desk lamps
and accent lighting. My only solution so far is to make sure all lighting
in the house is off if I want to listen to the radio.

The problem is the dimmer in the halogen lamp. To verify, turn the light
all the way up in brightness and see if the interference goes away.

It would be cheaper to purchase a new light than to design and construct
a filter that would totally eliminate the cross-ovber harmonics from the
dimmer.