Old June 10th 05, 03:47 PM
Pete KE9OA

E-mail me directly, and I can send you a schematic of an AD607 based sync
detector. If I were going to go the Gilbert cell route, I would use an NE602
as a sync detector. The main thing with that design is to get a precise 90
degree phase shift for the LO input.
With the 607 Quadrature demodulator, all of the "hard work" has already been
done.
As far as an AM detector, I have been using a Philips TDA1572 for several
years. The measured distortion from antenna input to speaker output is less
than 0.5%. This is when using an LM386 as an audio amplifier. Audio
performance is similar to my Lowe receivers.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Oh ****!