Old June 10th 05, 08:32 PM
Bob Spooner

Actually, some TV antennas reject the FM band so that strong FM signals
don't overload the TV receiver front end.

73,
Bob AD3K

"Tam/WB2TT" wrote in message

"butlercellars" wrote in message
As I stated in my original post, my VHF antenna has 1/2 wave horizontal
FM elements too. The antenna works great for TV, but not FM. There's
just something about my terrain where 1/2 wave horizontal FM elements

are
ineffective. Therefore, I'd like to try a good vertical (semi-vertical)
omni.

-Bob

Are you sure about that? Generally, a VHF TV antenna with two sets of
elements has one set for channels 2 - 6 and another for 7 - 13. FM

elements
would be about 4-1/2 feet tip to tip.

Tam/WB2TT