Old June 10th 05, 03:49 PM
John Smith

.... so, we can throw away the scientific calculators and go back to
slide rules--I think not... a code reader is that kind of difference...
of course, I am the type of guy would wouldn't go back to regen
receivers either...

John

"Dee Flint" wrote in message

"John Smith" wrote in message
I am betting just the opposite, and I bet the code reader can copy at
a speed long after the human reader is all done...

Speed is a different issue than sloppy sending.

one advantage, in microseconds the code reader can guess at the
likelihood of what character the dot/dash sequence is in logical
relation to forward and reverse characters (whenever there is a
slight doubt)... the human reader would just be sitting there losing
characters...

No the human brain does the same type of "fill" once they get past the
point of having to copy every single letter manually. Even if they do
have to copy manually as I do, it's easy to fill in the missing
letters most of the time. Of course you have to train yourself not to
dwell on what was missed, a common beginner problem.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE