Old June 10th 05, 11:30 PM
John Smith

My gawd man, have you been asleep... I heard about that happening
before--think it was a chap named "Rip Van Winkle" it happened to...

.... Naa, we got rovers on mars and can interface just about anything to
anything these days... they invented the computer too... only real
limitation is the operators mind... indeed, computers now design
components/hardware--just can assemble teams of techs large enough to
compete with 'em these days...

John

"Dan/W4NTI" wrote in message
ink.net...
The human ear, brain, hand combo does that now.

Dan/W4NTI

"John Smith" wrote in message
... actually, the only thing I have found that I can't allow for is
someone's sloppy key (you must decide what range of microseconds is a
dit, and what is the dah-- I have been kicking around the idea of a
piece of code to "sample" the senders "style" and automatically
adjust--but that is for tomorrow--and would be great if the code
could automatically duplicate his "sloppy style" and feed it back to
him grin) but then--sloppy key is no easier to copy with ear then
by reader...

John

"Dee Flint" wrote in message

"John Smith" wrote in message
I don't think there is a ham alive which can beat my keyboard,
hooked to a "electronic key" and sending morse, nor my sound card
doubling as a "code reader" and producing text on screen from cw...
You mean to tell me people actually use "real keys" still--gawd, I
thought all those sk tongue-in-cheek

Warmest regards,
John

When conditions are poor, even some one as poor at morse code as I
am can beat a "code reader" sound card/computer.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE