Old June 10th 05, 11:41 PM
Steveo

Vinnie S. wrote:
On 10 Jun 2005 21:04:48 GMT, Steveo wrote:

"HarryHydro" wrote:
Hi Folks:
Just remeniscing and old realistic CB walkie talkie I had. It
had the metal ground-straps on the side and it could talk 2.4 miles
(just measured on a map) with an S7. My Wife just picked up two
similar walkie-talkies at a yard sale for $5! I was wide-eyed at the
size of the thing! I remember when I was a kid wanting one of these
walkie-talkies so bad that I got the dimensions and made a cardboard
model to see 'how it felt holding one'! Wow! Thinking back! Anyone
ever routinely talk further on a CB walkie talkie?
The guy I use to talk to frequently in South Toms River was
Electro-Express. I - you guessed it - was Hydro! (hydrofoil) He'd
say, "The only walkie-talkie I know that'll talk that far is Hydro's".
I currently use a Johnson Messenger Viking. Yes, I know it's
2005.. ;-) This radio talks and sounds nice too!

Take Care!
Hydro

Hello Hydro.

Walkie talkies used to be fun!

That is what got me started !!!!!!

Vinnie S.

Same here..an Archer something or other iirc. What a beast it created, eh?