Old June 11th 05, 07:38 PM
Dick

On 11 Jun 2005 07:55:10 -0700, "
wrote:

Wow, thanks everyone!

I just took a look at the MURS radio, and my only concern would be
whether it's compatible with FRS/GMRS units. My family is taking a
trip to the beach in August, and 2 cars have FRS/GMRS radios... and we
need to talk to them.

Thank you, Dick, for the link to Popular Wireless' GMRS forum! I've
been to his site in my search, but had missed the GMRS Forums entirely.
Signing up now!

-Mark

While I would much prefer GMRS over FRS because of the power
capability, if you only want coverage between cars while traveling
together, FRS works just fine for that purpose. Of course ham radio
is even better, but then you have another set of hurdles.

Dick