Old June 11th 05, 08:40 PM
John Smith

N2EY:
.... said, "I'm younger than you, John."

Hey man, calm down!!! If you start threatening me--I may have to agree
with you!!!! tongue-in-cheek-grin

Warmest regards,
John

wrote in message
ups.com...
John Smith wrote:
I don't think there is a ham alive which can beat my keyboard,
hooked to
a "electronic key" and sending morse, nor my sound card
doubling as a
"code reader" and producing text on screen from cw...

I can beat that setup under certain conditions. The
reverse is also true. All depends on the situation.

For example, can that setup function with the operator's
eyes shut?

But that's really not the point. Using a keyboard and code
reader means you're doing a form of RTTY that happens to
use OOK Morse instead of, say, ASCII FSK as the encoding
method. If that's fun for you, enjoy!

But it's not the real issue.

You mean to tell me people actually use "real keys" still--

Oh yes. I have a choice of four Vibroplexes, and a J-37 straight
key. Wonderful instruments.

gawd, I thought all those sk tongue-in-cheek

I'm younger than you, John.

Some analogies:

- Someone in fair physical condition can beat the fastest marathon
runners in history - if the someone uses a bicycle. That doesn't make
the someone a marathoner.

- Someone else riding a Harley can win the Tour de France easily. That
doesn't entitle them to the yellow shirt.

- There are plenty of boats that can win the America's Cup against all
challengers - but they're not allowed to compete, because those boats
have engines instead of sails.

Get the idea?