Old June 12th 05, 02:44 AM
Ed

Thanks for the suggestions. Is $300 entry/mid for a basic meter of
this type?

Mike

Actually, the $300.00 will barely get you the wattmeter at a
reputable communications product dealer such as Tessco. I believe the
individual elements would run around $65.00. You can see Tessco's
listing at:

http://www.tessco.com/products/getPr...o.do?sku=43948

More information on the Bird model I cited can be found at:

http://www.bird-electronic.com/produ...uct.aspx?id=81

There are other units that would work well, too, such as the Telewave
model 44 watt meter. That one costs around $390.00 but doesn't need
separate elements.

Again, a reminder, these are professional tools and you still need to
know how and what to do when you find an antenna problem, and what proper
parts to obtain.

Ed K7AAT