Old June 12th 05, 01:48 AM
mike0219116

I never reply to OT threads but I will make an exception here.

In many respects, I think the state of this NG reflects the state of
the hobby. I would assume that if the DXing hobby was thriving to any
degree, there would be a plethora of posts reflecting this. However, a
majority of the topics here are OT crap. I am also willing to bet that
the attrition rate of regular posters in this NG is rather high, and I
don't blame them. I also don't blame people who just stumble upon
this group looking for shortwave Info. to spend five minutes reading
the posts and then leave, never to return. I lurk rather than post and
run the risk of being plonked, being called a 'tard. or told to take
my meds, put on my tin foil hat, or tote, etc... I am astounded at the
time and energy that people invest in this NG to arguing with each
other. What an utter and complete waste of one's life. I once heard
somebody say that, "Arguing on the internet is like playing with your
balls. It feels good at the time, but nobody really cares." I think
that is an accurate, if not profane, way to get the point across.

Flame away.