Old January 3rd 04, 11:56 PM
- - Bill - -

Yzordderex wrote:
I am in middle of making Digi-Key order and was hunting for a suitable
replacment for those notorious sprague black beauties. I've searched
Google, but a replacement hasn't been mentioned in the posts I've been
through.

I would prefer a tubular axial leaded part of similar dimensions, but
of course will take what I can get. I suppose any film cap nowadays
would work ok.

any help would be appreciated.

regards,
Bob
N9NEO

Digikey is not real good for higher voltage axial caps. May I suggest
http://www.justradios.com
Any style will work just fine...be sure to match the voltage or go
higher. I stick with 630 volt ones just to simplify my 'inventory'.
As for size, you'll not find anything near as BIG as the BBs although
the Sprague-Vishay Orange Drops (www.mouser.com) are quite portly.

-Bill M