Old June 12th 05, 08:47 AM
Mona

"
Now we suddenly have "John". Allegedly a middle aged Amateur of
unknown years experience, unknown level of licensure, unknown
organizational affiliations, memberships, etc..."John" may very well be
a "real" person (read that as "not a figment of Lennie's imagination")
but I doubt it. It would not be above Lennie (or beyond him) to create
yet another anonymous "buddy" to help him get through a rough time in
the NG. It's happened before. I may be wrong, but that duck sure is
quacking pretty loudly.

Steve, K4YZ

Quite an enemy's list you have there Robeson, and also no better
example why net savvy people keep people like you at arm's
length, via an anon posting service.

73,

Lloyd

Valid point.

First, there is no Lennie fan here. I look at blowguts such as he with
disdain.

Secondly, posting anonymously via a paid service such as my Altopia account
is not a mark of cowardice.
This misplaced sense of Machismo is just that...misplaced.

Can you afford $12.00 a month? I can, and it is well worth the expenditure.

For example. bb has posted numerous comments over the months and was taken
aback when Robeson posted his Ham call. It was easy enough to see that Brian
lives at 430 Longview Street in Pickerington, Ohio.

Many others who lurk in these newsgroups do the same. Some nefarious
predators, such as AB8MQ, make it a point to delve into the backgrounds of
those with whom they disagree and then post the information, true or false,
on the Web. This individual has been known to go so far as to falsify
reports about fellow Hams, knowing full well that he will be held
unaccountable while hiding behind anon remailers. He has accused fellow Hams
of being child molestors, accused fellow Hams of being convicted criminals,
and worse. Much worse.

You have seen it. The bickering and backstabbing can become quite cruel at
times as marked by Wiseman's exceedingly calloused and uncalled for comments
about Steve's beloved daughter.

So, before any of you Machismo types puff up your chests and boast that you
"have the balls" to use your real name and call sign, think again. Keep in
mind that there lurks a social misfit close by who will, given a reason,
cause you much discomfort whether it be by late night phone calls or a flood
of anon magazine subscriptions.

I make no apology for my Altopia account. None is necessary.

Let's see...who am I now?

Lloyd?
Schwartz?
Stagger Lee?
Lloyd 2?
Arf! Arf!?
Lloyd 3?

Maybe Roger can call Chris Caputo again and ask him who I really am.
Oh, wait. Roger already tried that. Chris responded by giving AB8MQ the boot
from Altopia.