Old January 4th 04, 01:42 AM
N4BUQ

Bob,

Mouser (www.mouser.com) sells a lot of different style caps. They have started
selling Vishay 192P series caps (check out page 440 of catalog number 615).
While they are smaller than the black beauties (and orange), they are axial
lead caps. Sure are easier to install than the good old orange drops. I like
ODs, but those radial leads sure can be a pain sometimes.

73,

Barry - N4BUQ

I am in middle of making Digi-Key order and was hunting for a suitable
replacment for those notorious sprague black beauties. I've searched
Google, but a replacement hasn't been mentioned in the posts I've been
through.

I would prefer a tubular axial leaded part of similar dimensions, but
of course will take what I can get. I suppose any film cap nowadays
would work ok.

any help would be appreciated.

regards,
Bob