Old June 12th 05, 04:54 PM
John Smith

Reg:

That is a very legit question. While I cannot speak for everyone, I can
speak for myself and why methods are employed which lead some to
suspicion of those who cloak themselves in anonymity.

In my area, I am the only "free thinker" (for want of better word(s))
here (well, at least openly so.)

I enjoy radio right down to blackest pirates heart. I am as likely to
be found chatting with a trucker on the chicken band as chatting with a
person on the ham bands. I am aware of the "freebanders", however my
"discussions" with them are best left undefined.

At 50+ years old, the hams are too old in thinking even for I. I have
had them parked upon my street with their meters, doing calculations on
my power for the different bands in question. I have had harassing
phone calls from them, mail, and e-mail as they accuse and threaten what
they term my "illegal activity."

I am fed up with the whole lot of them. My course in this world is my
own. I am courteous and enjoy EVERYONE being able to communicate--I
would never knowingly or willingly stop, hamper or attempt to hinder
others and their hobbies. Unfortunately, I have not found the same in
others philosophy. I am outspoken, I will tell my opinion right up
front--I have respect for other men doing the same, they need not agree
with me, nor I with them--I find more importance in truth than in sugar
coated words.

Because of my philosophy, and a vast number in disagreement, I have had
my station here checked out twice--I passed in both instances--but don't
wish to provoke a third. It is obvious to me that someone, probably
some group (a ******* and all his friends and "good buddies.") has been
the cause of this... and while I don't suspect the CB'er and
freebanders, I now hold much caution around hams...

It ain't pretty--but is truth... and you did ask...

Warmest regards,
John

"Reg Edwards" wrote in message
Why do so few correspondents on newsgroups give their real names and
call signs?

Why the hidden secrets?

People should be proud of their call signs.

Or do radio amateurs suffer from inferiority complexes.

Back to SWR.
----
Reg, G4FGQ