Old June 12th 05, 08:05 PM
John Smith

Len:

Yes, they do look the part of ancient toothless bullies--the faint of
heart have fled in fear before their rants (as so have the women,
children, small animals and gays)...

They are at a loss when brave men stand their ground and question their
faulty logic... reduces 'em to personal attacks and gutter fighting
quickly...

John

oups.com...
From: "John Smith" on Sat 11 Jun 2005 00:30

Len:

I think steve's argument goes like this, "If I can find one thing
wrong
with any of your text--I can dismiss ALL of it"

John, that's the model that tried to fly in here
several years ago. [I can't write his name in here because
doesn't like being called names...:-) ]

Others have tried this, of course, but that is just the usual
psy-war tactics they attempt (unsuccessfully) in words. :-)

--OR--

"Once I can prove a point wrong in any of your posts--anything you
have
to say from then on is LESS IMPORTANT than my text"

I would say that's only slightly close. It's a DOMINANCE ploy
they are attempting...that of intimidating and dominating the
newsgroup sufficiently that they emerge APPARENT winners. They
only wind up being little weiners.

... Where do they get these guys from? Even though the younger
generation is much more educated than just a few decades
ago--dinosaurs
still walking the earth is an amazing sight!!! grin

Tsk. Yes, amazing. Toothless Tyranosaur Rex roaring rage and
hate, standing only five feet high. Strikes terror in the hearts
of mice. Yawn. :-

Stebie da Wundermarine done manufactured some kind of word battle
on MOTOROLA...saying "it didn't exist before 1947." :-) Actually
the brand name was already indistinguishable from Galvin Mfg prior
to WW2 and the 1947 corporate name change wasn't any more than
some legal paperwork filing and a lot of letterhead changing in
Chicago.

Chicago: Always seemed a NON-center for electronics and radio, yet
that is the city and suburbs wherein existed the Bill Halligan works
better known as "Hallicrafters." [long since gone...RIP] Western
Electric's main facilities were in Chicago and next to it was
Graybar, the distribution center. The Siragusa brothers founded
Admiral Corporation there and made TV sets (and radios) for decades
with divisions spread all over the suburbs and nearby small cities.
Zenith Radio began there. Teletype Corporation began there, about
the same time as Bill Halligan started up. Lots more "smaller"
firms in that area...but disregarded by the easterners because the
"town by the lake" isn't in their center of the universe.

If Gonad the Librarian wishes to follow-up, he can point and shout
about MOTOROLA headquarters at SCHAUMBERG, IL, not "IN" Chicago!
He could have an orgasm of messaging (and probably will) yelling all
about LIES, LIES, and more LIES!!! :-)

In reality, Hallicrafters is DEFUNCT. So, in essence, are Admiral
and Zenith (Chicago went from "A to Z"). Teletype is no more but
their corporate trademark is indelibly synonymous with THE tele-
printer. Without checking for absolute, poselute "accuracy," the
MOTOROLA corporate headquarters may have moved a long distance
away...perhaps to make room for Boeing Aircraft (in a weird
move from the long-established Hq home in the northwest USA
in/near Seattle, WA).

Nursie Worsie is an "expert" on electronics corporations in the
USA because he read a lot of QST ads and "worked" for less than
a half year as a purchasing agent for a small set-top box maker.
It's wonderful that there are SO many amateur "experts" here
that check everything, determine if the I is dotted and the T
crossed, then berate/admonish the "guilty" on the slightest
infraction. Watching them hop up and down in rage is like
watching a 2-dimensional puppet with a single yank string
pulled to make their flat arms and legs wiggle. ;-)

I'm going to spend the next week at this year's Microwave
Symposium down by the seashore. Back to the reality of the
REAL radio business and REAL advancement of the state of the
radio art. I'll leave the "art pioneering" to the amateur
starving artists "manufacturing" their ever-regenerative
regenerative detectors. [for less than $100, of course]
Oh, and ponderous pontification on CONTESTING in "radiosport"
wherein all the "great ones" are making their bids for
laurel wreaths and immortality as gurus of radio. Yawn.

roups.com...
From: "John Smith" on Fri 10 Jun 2005 07:54