Old June 13th 05, 01:41 AM
Jer

Duh, I had a '54' vett with a stock six-banger, that was stock from the
factory with a mostly fiberglass body..

The '55' vett's had a 265 cu in v8 and went quite a bit better.. 56 vett's
still had the 265 and it wasn't until 57 that they changed to the hotty 283
with fuel injection and duntov cams.. Then they really went like stink ****!

Jer

"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
John Smith wrote:
You are right on target, I would have to ask my dad, but back around 1960
he had a 1956 vet ... however, it did NOT seem gutless to me...

The Corvette was introduced in 1955 with Chevy's old straight
six engine. I remember it in a Mike Hammer movie, "Kiss Me Deadly".
The 1956 models got that first short stroke V8 which was the
grandfather of the engine in my daughter's 2003 Chevy Tahoe.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Newsgroups
=----