Old June 13th 05, 01:45 AM
Caveat Lector

Try this telescoping mast from DK9SQ via US Dealer -- Kanga
http://www.bright.net/~kanga/kanga/dk9sq/mast.htm

Lot sturdier than MFJ -- we used one for a 20M inverted vee at field day

Or a tail gate flag pole
http://www.flagsexpress.com/poles/pole_04.htm

I use the 20 footer coupled to a swimming pool pole to make a 32 foot
vertical for field day
Uses four 32 foot drooping radials. Tis flat across the entire 40 meter
band -- works on 15M of course

--
CL -- I doubt, therefore I might be !

"Old Ed" wrote in message
nk.net...
Hi Ed -

I have never seen one of the MFJs, but I was also interested.

When I asked about them at my friendly local HRO, I was told
that they're as flexible as a fishing pole near the end, and that
I probably wouldn't be happy if I actually tried to hold anything
up with one. Although disappointed, I took their word for it,
and passed.

73, Ed, W6LOL

"Ed" wrote in message
. 93.175...

Does anyone here have an MFJ telescoping antenna mast, model MFJ 1910?
I have a 30' no-name mast marketed as a flag mast for RV'ers. At full
extension it bends quite a bit at the top when supporting an 80M inverted

/ Dipole of #14 copperweld. My question is, does the MFJ antenna mast
bend a lot under similar circumstances?

Ed K7AAT