Old June 13th 05, 04:29 PM
John Smith

Al:

In college courses I have pointed out the typos in handouts/papers my
professors have provided me.

Strange, but from the reactions I received, you would almost think the
professors would have rather not had it brought to their attention (I am
quite sure I am mistaken on this point)--I did quickly discover it had a
direct effect on my course grades, at this point I stopped being so
"helpful."

I see others went ahead and developed this "science" of "being helpful"
into an art... grin

Warmest regards,
John

"Al" wrote in message
oups.com...
With just a cursory look I see that you sell "beems" instead of
"beams"

Look a little more and you will find more typo's I am sure.

and a claim that corner reflectors work better on packet than
do Yagis is pure snake oil.

I think I said long Yagi's, something to do with phase distortion. I
am just going by what customers have told me that have used both.

Simply modeling your super J-pole and adding a third element to
represent the transmission line would show that the line radiates like
crazy and affects the feedpoint Z.

I never said anything about a "super J-Pole" .
Other than maybe it is super simple.

If you simply modeled the OSJ and it showed the feed line radiates
like
crazy, Maybe you didn't do it right. Maybe you need to step out into
the real world.

By the way, it has a 3rd element, makes it a dual J-Pole not just a
dual band.

73 Al Lowe N0IMW