Old June 13th 05, 05:02 PM
Al

Sniped
I don't believe you can totally eliminate all current. There will always b=

e a small
amount.

Agreed, but it is small enough I don't think most people could see a
difference in performance if it had a choke or not.
All I am saying, to say the antenna won't work with out a choke is just
wrong.

I doubt I would change the antenna....Would make it cost more...
I'd consider a super deluxe version for a higher price, if they wanted
full 2 section decoupling...:/ =A0And if I went that far, I'd use a dual
5/8 design to get more gain. =A0You'd be reinventing the isopole...:/
MK

I have an "Isopole" here in the shop, it works good, maybe one of the
best
5/8 wave antennas I have ever tested. I think it could be built a
little better.
I have seen a lot of them that were broke.
But that is comparing apples to oranges
The OSJ is a simple 1/2 wave antenna that has 0 dBd gain.
No magic.
Again, I just think it is wrong to tell someone the antenna won't work
with out a choke.

73 Al Lowe N0IMW