Old June 13th 05, 09:03 PM
johan aeq

A simple transformer with two 12 windings would do the trick.
The primary windig will give you line voltage as an extra bonus.

schreef in bericht
oups.com...
I need to find a transformer (converter?) that will allow me to
upconvert from 12VAC to 24VAC in order to drive a small motorized
device (50 watts) for continuous duty. I tried using a 110V/220V
'travel' transformer -- it gave me the correct voltage but not enough
output wattage (probably not enough turns on the windings). I need a
transformer rather than an electronic converter since I am driving an
AC motor... isolation isn't an issue so I could go with an
Autotransformer. Thanks.