Old June 13th 05, 10:06 PM
Henry Kolesnik

Radio Shack has 115volt to 24 volt transformers But if you need to go from
12 to 24 you might look for a transformer with a 12 and 24 volt winding.
Feed your 12 volts to the 12 volt side of the transformer and use the 24.
Make sure you insulate the 115 volt leads as they will be hot.
If you cant find one go to Radio Shack and get a 12 and 24 volt transformer,
connect the 115 volt windings to each other, feed 12 volts in and and get 24
out.

--

73
Hank WD5JFR
"johan aeq" wrote in message
l...
A simple transformer with two 12 windings would do the trick.
The primary windig will give you line voltage as an extra bonus.

schreef in bericht
oups.com...
I need to find a transformer (converter?) that will allow me to
upconvert from 12VAC to 24VAC in order to drive a small motorized
device (50 watts) for continuous duty. I tried using a 110V/220V
'travel' transformer -- it gave me the correct voltage but not enough
output wattage (probably not enough turns on the windings). I need a
transformer rather than an electronic converter since I am driving an
AC motor... isolation isn't an issue so I could go with an
Autotransformer. Thanks.