Old June 14th 05, 05:25 AM
Howard

On 13 Jun 2005 12:02:51 -0700, "bpnjensen"
wrote:

This brings to mind an idea - what if people in the US and other free
countries - not government, just plain people - just began to bombard
Chinese receiving computers with every conceivable message about
kicking out the Communist oppressors and electing a real government
that answers to the populace? Is there hope of (1) getting 10,000,000
US citizens to do this, and (2)this type of thing having an effect?

Quick mobilization would be key here, I'd think.

Bruce Jensen

In my estimation it would just cause them to try to further squelch
their populace from receiving anything. In the end, the Chinese
people would end up hearing less from the rest of the world. The
leadership would never mention it to the public for what it is and it
would be billed as an attack on their sovereign nation by the evil
westerners. Also, the messages would need to be addressed to the mail
servers and not individuals as the government would very conceivably
go after the recipients in some manner. Though I must admit that the
thought of their 'server censors' going down from a flood of e-mail is
........ well, it's sublime, my hat's off to you for the idea.

Howard