Old January 7th 04, 06:20 AM
Mark Oppat

keep in mind about 70% of all ebay sellers are WOMEN! They dont have a clue
about some things, notably radios, and , are more likely to just say
whatever they feel.... based in fact or not. To them, or any guy who is not
seriously into radio, that is a RARE radio! And, in fact, you could go to
about 2000 garage sales and not find one...which is their basis for reality.
so, cut these folks some slack. We are into this stuff DEEP, so to us its
common. Well, not exactly common, anymore, anyway. I go to about 8 swaps a
year, most antique radio , some ham, and I have not seen one in the last
year or so for sale...so, its not as common as you think. but, like I said,
consider the sellers are not as "into" this as we are, and yeah, they are
hoping to get the best $ they can, who isnt? Not you? I bet you always try
to make your items sound good when (or if) you ever sell. We all do, its
natural.
But, I dont lie... and, saying its "rare" is technically a lie, but like I
said, in their world it is... and, in ours, its becoming true too....except
if you look at all the other SX-28's on eBay... and, how many are there?

Mark Oppat

"Brian Hill" brianehill@charterDOTnet wrote in message
Why would someone that obviously knows about radios and collects them make
a bull**** statement like this? Everybody knows the SX-28 was one of the
most mass produced receivers of that era and are still plentiful. It

****es
me off when people that claim to be collector or lover of the radio hobby
exaggerate or lie to make an extra buck on a radio. Yes I'm speaking of a
certain place people auction radios. People like this won't get my buck.
--
73 and good DXing
RX:

Brian's Radio Universe