Old June 14th 05, 10:34 PM
Buck

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 14:27:31 -0700, "John Smith"
wrote:

Hey:

You any relation to that guy they call, "MacTruck Buck?" And, you aren't
sneaking onto the CB band with your ten meter equip, are ya? grin

Warmest regards,
John

lol, no, I have 4 CB frequencies programmed into my 706, Channels 9,
18, 19, and 20. I have them all on a split with the transmit side on
2 meters simplex., as I do with the wx channels and other frequencies
I don't wish to transmit on.

I figure that if I can't get help on 2 meters, HF and a cell phone, I
would be better off calling on CB than on the local sheriffs's
frequencies . I really don't hear anything there worth listening
too unless I am away and caught in highway traffic. The CBers will
discuss the traffic and how to get around it most of the time.

I keep FRS radios with me when traveling with non-hams in convoy.

Most of the time I am mobile, I am on 14.336 aggravating KZ2P/N2JG.

--
73 for now
Buck