Old June 15th 05, 10:54 PM
Fred W4JLE

How far away is the station you are trying to receive? What is it's
elevation, and yours? What obstacles are between you and the station of
interest? What are you feeding the antenna output to? What is the polarity
of the signal from the distant station?

There are a gazillion yagi antenna designs. First let us know what you are
trying to accomplish, that will determine the best design for your
particular need.

You have the necessary stuff for a solution, once the needs are defined.

"Moto579" wrote in message
I would like to build a yagi for 448 mhz rangr for home use I have a 12

foot
1x1" piece of cedar and some 10 gauge copper wire It measures 0.15625" I
think it is 10 gauge. Am I wasting my time? Also how do I use 75 ohm

line
as a feed line? All the plans I have found are for 50 ohm feedlines. It

is
all I have for wire and living out in the boonies it is difficult to

travel
to pick up some 50 ohm.

I'm on a budget / disabled and would appreciate any help/
knowledge/links/donations on this.
I own the ARRL Antenna book 20th edition and find it to be a bit
overwhelming so far.

Cheers,
Ryan