Old June 15th 05, 11:33 PM
Ralph Mowery

"Moto579" wrote in message
I would like to build a yagi for 448 mhz rangr for home use I have a 12

foot
1x1" piece of cedar and some 10 gauge copper wire It measures 0.15625" I
think it is 10 gauge. Am I wasting my time? Also how do I use 75 ohm

line
as a feed line? All the plans I have found are for 50 ohm feedlines. It

is
all I have for wire and living out in the boonies it is difficult to

travel
to pick up some 50 ohm.

Don't worry about the 50 or 75 ohm feedline. Just build the antenna and
feed it with what you have. If you build an antenna with a matching section
and have a good swr meter calibrated to 75 ohms you can match it.
If you don't have a meter you will have to take whatever you get.