Old June 16th 05, 03:35 AM
Kingfish Stevens

Considering the materials you have to work with, do a Google search on
"quagi antenna". Simple to build and no matching problems.
Kingfish

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 14:43:13 -0700, "Moto579"
wrote:

I would like to build a yagi for 448 mhz rangr for home use I have a 12 foot
1x1" piece of cedar and some 10 gauge copper wire It measures 0.15625" I
think it is 10 gauge. Am I wasting my time? Also how do I use 75 ohm line
as a feed line? All the plans I have found are for 50 ohm feedlines. It is
all I have for wire and living out in the boonies it is difficult to travel
to pick up some 50 ohm.

I'm on a budget / disabled and would appreciate any help/
knowledge/links/donations on this.
I own the ARRL Antenna book 20th edition and find it to be a bit
overwhelming so far.

Cheers,
Ryan