Old June 16th 05, 05:39 PM
Buck

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 14:44:15 GMT, "Jer"
wrote:

Wouldn't this 'gain' be useful in figuring out just where you could dump
your maximum signal somewhere in the world? It might not be where you
want, but at least you might have an idea of where you would stick a loud
signal using max gain at some elevation angle? Or is this a totally useless
idea? I don't pretend to know what I'm talking about here, but it seems
logical that by using this type of data it would help you figure out where
you were going to put in a stronger signal.

Shields up!

Jer

From the remarks I see on this forum and others, there appears to be a
number of people who only consider how an antenna works for DX. There
are many of us who don't just chase DX. I hunt counties and need
antennas that will cover much smaller skip than someone trying to
operate with russia from here. On late night nets, I need signals
that drown out the 40 meter sw stations and so I can hear my regional
QSOs. Other times, I would love to be able to pick out that rare DX
in the midst of a pileup of multi-kw amps and beams that have more
acreage than the average home.

If someone needs 10-20 deg TOA for a signal, then they need to know
how to maximize their antenna for that angle, that is true. I want to
know the characteristics of the antennas to know how they will work
for various purposes.

No shield needed

--
73 for now