Old June 17th 05, 06:00 AM
Steveo

Steveo wrote:
Vinnie S. wrote:
The Imax is kicking butt. I made my first Ham contact on 10 meters in
Texas. When I told him he was my first ham contact, he got more excited
than I got. I figured after coax losses, I am probably only getting out
15-20 watts on SSB. I am only getting out 6 watts on AM.

As far as CB and locals, they couldn't believe it was me because they
barely heard me with the Firestik in the attic. This Imax seems to
excel on receive. It is super quiet with no static.

Vinnie S.

Sounds like it's time for a 30L1 or similar. Hows the tvi/rf looking?

Hey Jay, reckon his antenna can handle a 30L1?