Old June 17th 05, 06:00 AM
DWalker

I'm glad the good senator clarified that the VOA was not used for
propaganda purposes.

I'm relieved that after all these years that my perception the VOA was a
propagand machine was completely wrong. So really it's just a big
infomercial suggesting we do it the american way or else.

I'm glad the good senator cleared that up for me.

SWLer wrote:
International Broadcasting: Building a Better House

Comments Delivered by Mark Helmke,
Senior Professional Staff Member
U.S. Senate Foreign Relations Committee
Richard G. Lugar, Chairman

The Heritage Foundation Conference on
“U.S. Public Diplomacy ─ Roadmap to Recovery”

June 14, 2005
Washington, DC

International broadcasting financed by the U.S. government has lost its
way.

The world has radically changed, but the institution supporting
international
broadcasting has not.