Old September 4th 03, 02:56 PM
Cecil Moore

Peter O. Brackett wrote:
I was just castigated by Roy and Dave Robbins on another thread for making
postings about
"ports", apparently we are not allowed to discuss "ports" when we are
discussing transmission
lines since ports have only to do with networks and transmission lines have
no ports!!!

Darn Peter, I was hoping you could help me explain to Roy what is wrong with
his analysis - that he is using a 2-port analysis and getting four power terms
as a result, two of which have to be added to get forward power and the other
two of which have to be added to get reflected power.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp