Old January 12th 04, 12:48 AM
Frank Dresser

"-Bill M-" exray@coquidotnet wrote in message

While all of the previous comments are good advice I suspect a counter
would drive a guy crazy on an S-108 with the constantly drifting freq
and oscillator pulling.
The 100kc calibrator will get you in the ballpark...at least to as

close
as you can read the dial...I don't recall that there's a front panel
tweak to align the pointer or LO to have the calibrator line up with

the
dial.
Nice little radio but if you want a better radio, well...
Its kinda like sticking STP racing stickers on a Chevy Vega.

-Bill

The bandspread is marked off with a 0 - 100 interval. If the operator
notes the number of bandspread divisions between known 100 kc intervals,
he can come up with a reasonably precise approximation of the actual
frequency. Good enough for SWLing, anyway.

Frank Dresser