Old January 12th 04, 07:23 AM
Frank Dresser

"-Bill M-" exray@coquidotnet wrote in message

I suppose so. On a 'factory aligned" job one still might have to
struggle with which 100kc blip is which.

-Bill M

Not to mention images and unmodulated carriers. Actually, I never used
a crystal calibrator. I'd count off the divisions between two known SW
broadcasters and divide difference in frequency by the number of
divisions and come up with a useful approximation. It's kind of a pain.
And not so useful for the ham bands. Anyway, I haven't done it in
years, and I never did it much. I mostly listen to the strong domestic
SW stations now.

Those non-linear bandspread capacitor plates on the S-38 and S-53 types
will introduce more errors.

Frank Dresser