Old June 20th 05, 09:05 AM
Adrian Scripca YO8SSW

Hi Reg and thank you for your advices,

I changed the coupling loop to a length of self suporting wire as you
suggested, I turned the trcv on and surprise : it was alive. Tweaked it
for a maximum noise on receive.

SWR was/is high so I had to add an antenna tuner. nevertheless, on
14Mhz, cw portion I heard G, ON, LY, LZ, SV, UA, RV, RW, UR, EA, JA,
JS.
I even managed to work about all of them. I got kind of weak reports
but it's a start. If only I could tweak it so that I get SWR down
without the tuner.

How do you ensure that both are tuned to the same frequency?

I don't. I have no rig for that. I go for the max noise on receive.

73 de YO8SSW