Old June 21st 05, 02:19 AM
Tam/WB2TT

"ml" wrote in message
In article ,
Richard Clark wrote:

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 18:11:20 GMT, ml wrote:
antenna 'rf' wise, i my antenna height measurement that i use, above
the ground or roof surface??

Hi Myles,

Both. For purposes of feeding it, the proximity of other conductors
and sources of loss, the antenna is as close as that 20' you offer.
On the other hand, for purposes of propagation, your antenna will act
like it is elevated 175'.

Your experience, compared to others, will fall somewhere in between.
Personally, I would think you have a very nice situation. If you seek
to improve it, it would only be in shades of a degree, not in leaps
nor bounds.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

dear Richard

thanks very much you set me straight.

I do ponder what i'd have to do (antenna wise) to get a significant
order of magnatude like perhas 200% ie 6db?

i guess going from dipole to a large beam would be significant in
comparasion

but what do you do when you want a bit more than a typical single beam
gives you? stack/co phase 2???

(naturally i am not counting amps of anykind here)

Actally, on HF, you will never have an antenna that will give you the boost
of an amplifier. I can think of any number of occasions when I was part of a
DX pileup with 100W; finally threw in the towel and fired up the amp. Guy
would come back to me on the first or second call.

Tam/WB2TT

thanks all

and Rich , thanks