Old June 21st 05, 04:13 PM
John Smith

Michael:

So, your logic goes something like this, "That problem exists in other
places too--we have nothing to worry about."

I find that similar to, "Well, the neighbors paper wasn't
delivered--same as ours. And, their toilet is plugged up--just like
ours, nothing to worry about."

And, that is EXACTLY a very-good example of why I say younger minds need
to be called to play here--with more energy and willing to face up to
truths and take on these problems.

John

"Michael Coslo" wrote in message

John Smith wrote:

I suppose everyone has something to say...

We are experiencing a time in our history where people are living a
lot longer than they ever used to--and in better health.

This is causing a problem in how to get them moved aside so younger
and more capable minds can grab the reins. However, those grizzled
old hands hands have a death-grip while the buggy heads for the
cliff...

John, you are showing signs of being an ageist.

A person's ability to do a job is not specifically related to their
age. That is an old paradigm.

In fact, in the technical fields, there is a dramatic lack of young
Americans.

So if the geezers have that "death grip" on the reins removed, there
likely won't be anyone to take it up.

- Mike KB3EIA -